Wadri the difference as Bandari down Vihiga

Bandari FC threw a devastating blow to relegation-threatened Vihiga United on Tuesday 13th in a round 25 BetKing Premier League match played at the ASK Nakuru Showgrounds from 3:15 pm.

Leading through a William Wadri penalty just before the break, the dockers held on to bag three maximum points on the road leaving United with fewer hopes of survival.

Atariza Meja’s airborne collision with former Bandari man Kevin Omondi was the match’s first highlight, with the Bandari full-back coming off worse. Five minutes had been play and as Meja sought treatment, Duncan Otewa was sent out tu warm up. He came on two minutes later with Meja unable to resume play.

United had wrung a few changes to the squad. Mustapha Oduor, a regular starter in goal had been rested for this one and Morgan Ambuka given the go-ahead to play.

In the 20th minute, William Wadri thought he had found Umar Kasumba with a through ball but this Simbiri Sindani cut just right in time for United. Kasumba would show up five minutes later with a thunderbolt from the edge of the box but Ambuka was equal to the task.

On the other end of the field, Lawrence Luvanda stood behind a United free-kick and curled the ball to the top right corner but Ndikumana Justin’s relaxes were equal to Luvanda’s wits. The Burundian international palmed the ball just in time to deny Vihiga.

Only two minutes of play remained in the first half when Kasumba was brought down in the box, Wadri happily stepped up to power in the opener.

The opening fifteen minutes of the second half was all United, a relegation-threatened side on the brink of a loss at home. Luvanda would come close again in the 56th minute but his second free-kick of the day going just wide.

Youngster Stewart Omondi went into the referee’s book at the hour mark for a rough challenge in the middle of the park.

Not any amount of a late rally could however save the hosts of the day as Felly Mulumba, seasoned at the back for the dockers, thwarted every last resolve from United.

It stood at 1-0 by full time for the visitors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.