Second placed KCB failed to utilize a golden chance to narrow down their gap to the top after they blew a two goal cushion and allowed log Tusker to earn a point in a 2-2 draw played at the Thika Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

At the start of the match, KCB trailed log leading Tusker by four points and knew that a win on the day would place them only one behind the Brewers come full time in the run in to the season.

In form striker Derrick Otanga placed them well and truly close to chopping that lead with a seven minute first half brace. First, he placed himself in the right place at the right time to tap in a Michael Oduor searching cut back cross into the area in the 17th minute to give his side the opening goal.

Lady luck presented itself just seven minutes later when goalkeeper Robert Mboya made a costly handling error while on the ball, an instinctive Otanga on hand to bag his brace and KCB’s second of the match in the 24th minute.

An angry Robert Matano immediately made a first half substitution as he brought on  the calm and expertly of Humprey Mieno in place of Faraj Ominde in the 32nd minute. Still, KCB had the ascendancy that helped them see out the first half with their two goal lead.

As expected, Tusker came out guns blazing in the second half but the final touch is what proved to be elusive as the clocked ticked away.

In the 67th minute Matano made a triple substitution as he brought on Eric Zakayo, Jackson Macharia and Christopher  Ochieng’ coming in for Brian Marita, Henry Meja and Kevin Okoth.

Those substitutions gave Tusker the much needed impetus as Mieno pulled one back for Tusker with a tap in in the 71st minute.

Thirteen minutes later, Mieno turned provider as he located Macharia with a long range through ball in the area, the substitute needing no further invitation as he restored parity and earned Tusker a point to maintain their four point lead against a KCB side that shot themselves in the foot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.