Two quick first-half goals by Jackson Dwang were all Posta needed to register a 2-0 win over KCB in Friday’s Betking Premier League match at Thika Stadium.

Host KCB started the match on a lively note and almost took the lead with five minutes of play.

Henry Onyango delivered a good cross into the penalty area but Mike Oduor’s effort lacked enough power for an easier pick for Kevin Opiyo. 

But it’s Posta Rangers who took the lead right on the quarter-hour mark of the encounter through Jackson Dwang.

The midfielder tapped in from a rebound after keeper Joseph Okoth failed to handle Eliud Lukuwam’s powerful shot. 

Six minutes later Rangers doubled their lead yet again through Jackson Dwang. Lukuwam turned the provider setting through Dwang,the midfielder made no mistake curling in a beauty past Okoth. 

The bankers upped their tempo upfront to pull a goal back into the match but Curtis Wekesa’s attempt after connecting to Samuel Mwangi’s delivery proved little to disturb Opiyo in goal.

 Five minutes before the halftime break, KCB once again was on the hunt, David Simiyu, Samuel Mwangi, and Curtis Wekesa combined well on the left flank, Wekesa cut back teasing deliver to David Simiyu but the striker blasted over the bar with the keeper to beat. 

At the stroke of halftime, the bankers yet again showed intent through Wekesa, the midfielder shot from a 30-yard range freekick after Mwangi was brought down but Opiyo was keen on punching the ball out for safety to give the mailmen a two-goal lead at the break.

Bankers resumed proceedings on the most ambitious side and almost pulled a goal back through Dennis Odhiambo. The former Kenya international perfectly timed Wekesa delivery but his header got finger-tipped out for safety by Opiyo.

Just on the half-hour mark, KCB tactician Zedekiah Zico Otieno made a triple change bringing on Derrick Otanga, Simon Munala, and David Ambulu for Curtis Wekesa, Henry Onyango, and Dennis Odhiambo to add punch upfront.

Otieno’s move added much athletism in the quest to salvage the scoreline. Substitute Otanga Derrick had his first touch on goal miss the target by a whisker with Opiyo well beaten. 

Ten minutes from normal time, Rangers surged forward after containing bankers pressure and almost added a third of the game.

A quick counterattack move by Apudo Michael and Lukuwam Eliud, Apudo lifted in a perfect delivery to substitute Francis Nambute.

The forward connected to Apudo’s delivery by an overhead kick which troubled Opiyo Kevin but Lukuwam failed to react on time missing to tap in for the third. 

Against the run of play, KCB threw bodies on Rangers half but the mailmen remained decent at the back to register the first win after going winless in five games 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.