With less than two weeks before this year’s Football Kenya Federation Premier League awards gala, we look at the players who have made a short list for the young player of the year award.
There will be 12 categories to be awarded on that day this being the first time the awards are being held under the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) that took over the running of the top tier league.
The list includes:
- Henry Meja (Tusker) – was Tusker’s top scorer with 11 goals.
- Lewis Bandi (AFC Leopards)- the young defender was a constant mainstay of Leopards rearguard.
- Lawrence Luvanda (Vihiga United) – he was Vihiga’s top scorer with 5 goals.
- Frank Odhiambo (Gor Mahia) – he formed a good partnership with Harun Shakava and comfortably the best player in his club’s underwhelming campaign.
- Silvester Owino (Kakamega Homeboyz) – Scored 3 goals for his club.
- Rodgers Ouma (Western Stima) – had a good second half of the season as he scored 5 goals.
- Ambrose Sifuna (Sofapaka) – the midfielder might have gone under the radar due to his club mate Lawrence Juma having an excellent campaign but he was also an important cog for his side.