Goals from Jules Ulimwengu and Peter Onyona each half made the difference as Gor Mahia and Bidco United drew 1-1 in Saturday’s Football Kenya Federation Premier League match at Thika Stadium.

Bidco United got proceedings on a high note with an early intent to get the opener. Ten minutes into the match, David Orem collected Peter Nzuki’s delivery before hitting a beautiful one on goal but the striker’s effort hit the side net. 

At the quarter-hour mark, Gor Mahia had their first goal attempt to miss the target by inches. Tito Okello connected well to Ulimwengu’s delivery but the South Sudan international header missed the target going for over the bar by inches with Brian Opondo well beaten.

Five minutes later Bidco came close to net the opener, a quick run through the middle park by Gichimu Eric, the midfielder then set Peter Nzuki  through on goal but the midfielder’s effort went wide.

At the half-hour mark Perter Onyona and Lambert Oyuga combined well on the left flank, Oynona then delivered a teasing crossing into Gor Mahia’s penalty area but Harun  Shakava did well intercepting the danger. 

Despite Bidco’s numerous attacks, Gor Mahia took the lead through Jules Ulimwengu eight minutes before halftime. The striker tapped the ball in past Brian Opondo after the keeper failed to firmly hold on to the ball. 

Two minutes upon resumption Bidco United responded immediately through Peter Onyona. The midfielder hit hard one past Gad Mathews to draw the visitor’s level. 

At hour mark Gor Mahia almost took the lead, Samuel Onyango made a good run unto Bidco’s penalty area, made a cut-back delivery to Alpha Onyango but the youngster rushed in taking his shot blowing it off target with the keeper to beat.

Five minutes later, Bidco pushed up-front in search of the second goal. Peter Nzuki laid Waruru Stephen, the striker went past Shakava Harun but his final effort was well picked by Gad Mathews. 

In the 70th minute, Tito Okello failed to put Gor Mahia ahead with the keeper to beat. The Ugandan-born forward run through into Bidco’s penalty area but he failed to score from a tight angle. 

Ten minutes from the time Gor Mahia made another attempt at goal, a good delivery by Alpha Onyango from the right flank was met by Samuel Onyango but the midfielder failed to direct his header into the net with keeper Opondo Brian off his line. 

Five minutes later Gor again was on the hunt, Fred Nkata put John Ochieng through on goal the midfielder hit a fierce shot that troubled Brian Opondo only for the ball to roll out for safety.

Against the run of play, Gor Mahia came so close net the winner, Samuel Onyango lifted in a good pass into Bidco’s penalty area that found Frank Odhiambo but the defender hit too much power on his effort that hit the post as the two teams settled for a point apiece. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.