Skip to main content

The Draw Effect Lingered In The 2nd Day Of Matchweek 22.

By February 19, 2024No Comments

Day two of Matchweek 22 unfolded with much vigor and excitement. Three consecutive games; same effect. These were the proceedings.

The Ingo derby between Kakamega Homeboyz and AFC Leopards concluded in a goalless stalemate at the Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega during Sunday afternoon’s encounter. As AFC Leopards aimed to extend their unbeaten streak, notable changes were observed with the exclusion of Rwanda international Arthur Gitego. The match unfolded dynamically with both teams seeking openings. While Ingwe showcased dominance in the first half, hitting the woodwork through Beja Hassan’s effort, Homeboyz emerged resilient as Moses Mudavadi threatened. Despite a more tentative second half, marked by Leopards’ defensive strategy and Homeboyz’s possession dominance, clear-cut chances were missed on both sides, including Nyakeya’s close-range attempt. Ultimately, the match concluded with neither side breaking the deadlock, leaving AFC Leopards in the eighth position with 31 points from 21 games, while Kakamega Homeboyz maintained their seventh spot with 33 points.

Muhoroni initially asserted control in their match against Sofapaka as Alex Onchwari’s header in the 15th minute propelled them into the lead. The lead held for Muhoroni until halftime, but Sofapaka’s renowned duo, Jacob Onyango and Msagha, leveled the score in the opening minute of the second half. Onyango then secured Sofapaka’s lead with a goal in the 55th minute, marking an impressive comeback for the team. However, Muhoroni Youth swiftly responded with an equalizer in the 67th minute courtesy of Jackson Green’s free kick. Both teams saw red cards in the 86th minute, with Jacob Onyango and Clinton Bulimo being sent off. Ultimately, the match concluded with both sides sharing the points.

Despite conceding a goal in the 41st minute of the first half to Talanta FC, the Sharkmen maintained their composure throughout the match. Talanta FC took the lead courtesy of Alex Juma’s goal in the first half but the second half witnessed intense competition between the two teams until K. Sharks equalized in the 76th minute, with Johnman Makwatta finding the net. The match ultimately ended in a draw, with neither team emerging victorious.

The opening half of the encounter between Tusker FC and KCB unfolded without either team finding the back of the net, yet it brimmed with action, featuring a plethora of attempts on goal and remarkable saves from both sides. However, the deadlock was broken in the 67th minute when John Njuguna expertly delivered a corner kick, pinpointing Chris Erambo, whose precision header nestled into the back of the net, giving Tusker FC the lead. Building on this momentum, John Njuguna himself extended Tusker’s advantage, amplifying the scoreline to 2-0 in favor of Tusker FC.

Leave a Reply