Skip to main content

Ingwe Boys Clinch 4th Consecutive Win as Bandari Secure Nail-Biting Narrow Victory.

By February 4, 2024No Comments

Edward Odhiambo commenced the scoring for Ulinzi Stars in the initial phases of the game at the Ulinzi Sports Complex, thereby eliciting admiration from their fervent supporters back at home. Issa Lumumba played a pivotal role by providing the assist. The goal, scored in the 4th minute, ultimately proved decisive for the match, as no further goals were scored, resulting in a 1-0 scoreline.

The Dockers and the Seals engaged in a compelling back-and-forth encounter at the Sportpesa Arena. Murang’a Seals initially broke the deadlock early in the game, only to see Umar Kasumba swiftly equalize for the Dockers in the 11th minute. As halftime approached, both teams found themselves sharing points, only to perpetuate the same intense pattern into the second half. Mwaura then reignited the Seals’ lead in the 67th minute, yet Kahiro promptly countered with an equalizer just three minutes later, resulting in a 2-2 stalemate by the 70th minute mark. However, it was in the added minutes of the final half that Bandari seized the day, as Mwaphalu Hamisi expertly converted on the spot, propelling the scoreline to 3-2 and securing victory.

No breakthrough occurred in the first half of both encounters between Shabana FC and City Stars, as well as Kariobangi Sharks and AFC Leopards, despite spirited efforts from both pairs.

However, the second half unfolded with considerable excitement for AFC Leopards as they managed to secure two crucial goals, marking their fourth triumph of the season and leading to an upward surge in the league standings. The day proved to be particularly memorable for the Ingwe boys, as they capitalized on opportunities, with two goals stemming from from Victor Omune’s precise conversion and Munyendo’s adept close-range tap-in. These contributions significantly bolstered the team’s performance and ultimately secured a well-deserved victory for AFC Leopards.

At Machakos, Shabana and City Stars engaged in a fierce battle, revealing their defensive strength in both the initial and latter halves of the game. By the 79th minute, circumstances led to each team being reduced to ten players. With neither side willing to concede, the match ultimately concluded in a stalemate, as both sides earned a share of the points.

Leave a Reply